Friday, March 19, 2010

Postscript

Yesterday I noticed that Noah was no longer napping, but since he seemed content to play with his blankies I waited a bit before going in the room. Here is our conversation when I did go in.

Noah: Uh oh momma.

Nicole: Noah, what's uh oh?

Noah: Momma, diaper! Excitedly shows me the diaper in his hand.

Nicole: Inquisitively looking at her bare bottomed son.

Noah: Poo poo!

Nicole (very seriously): Noah did you go poo poo in your bed? Show momma the poo poo.

Noah (silly): No! Pee pee!

Nicole (still serious): Noah where is the pee pee?

Noah: Walks over to the end of the crib and points at the puddle on the floor. Pee pee!

Nicole: Noah, did you stand at the end on your crib and go pee pee?

Noah (silly again but looking quite guilty): No!

I then commenced a toddler-appropriate talk about not taking diaper off so that he could pee on the floor. I also took the pack n' play outside and gave it a good scrub down. I'm thinking that this may become a pattern and that we may need to think more about potty training.

3 comments:

Jenni and Ryan said...

I think he's ready!

Michelle said...

Or it might be time to duck-tape those diapers on! ;)

gs said...

So funny. I wish I could have heard the conversation where you explained to him not to take his diaper off and pee pee through the pac n play. Oh to be a fly on the wall (out of pee pee range of course). :)